William Moulton Marston’s creation back in the 1940’s has come a long way to give you all types of feels this season!
The character is identified as “Princess Diana of Themyscira”, “Diana Prince” (daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus) and later as Wonder Woman in the movie. While she has had different storylines and dimensions from the inception, the mainstay of her character is her nurturing humanity: feeling compassion and having a strong conscience.
To those who aren’t too sure as to why you should watch ‘Wonder Woman’. Here are 10 reasons why you should not miss it in the Cinemas!
01. This is the first superhero film directed by a woman: Patty Jenkins h5>
02. Wonder Woman emerged in an era where women’s right wasn’t much heard of. h5>
03. She was the cultural icon feminists were looking for back in the 1970’s. Gloria Steinem put her on the cover of Ms. Magazine’s first issue. h5>
04. She was able to be honorary United Nations Ambassador for only 2 months from October-November 2016- the longest period for a DC comic character (Thanks to the confusing storylines that created rifts.) h5>
05. The desire of a theatrical release of Wonder Woman started as early as 1996, but only materialized much later. h5>
06. She celebrated 75 years of continuous publication in 2016
07. As per this story, she’s an Amazon princess who leaves her home to try to stop the World War and becomes Wonder Woman h5>
08. She seems to be quite the catch. Her powers are gifts from Olympian deities as per the selected storyline: "Beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, swifter than Hermes, and stronger than Hercules” h5>
09. Wonder Woman saves Superman and Batman from doom in Batman V Superman. (The storyline is completely different from what you’d see in the new release)
10. The awesome cast you’ll witness is worth the watchGal Gadot as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
Chris Pine as Steve Trevor
Robin Wright as General Antiope
Danny Huston as General Erich Ludendorff
David Thewlis as Ares
Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta
Elena Anaya as Doctor Maru / Doctor Poison