Irrespective of how you style your hair, maintaining it in its different forms may not be an easy task. However, the trick to maintaining your luscious locks may also lay in a few simple routines you may want to follow;
1. Trimming is not the problemContrary to popular belief, growing your hair without the regular trim will actually do more harm than good. This will only cause your hair to split at the ends, making it look limp and unhealthy. Opt for a trim every 6 - 8 weeks and see the difference!
2. Shampoo less, condition moreLimiting your shampoo routine to 2 - 3 will minimize frizz whilst maintaining the natural oils in your hair. Follow up by including a good conditioner that will retain the moisture in your hair, preventing it from dryness and frizz. In some cases, using a leave - in conditioner may also be useful for taming the mane.
3. Loosen upWhile you may be tempted to tie your hair in a high pony tail or top knot, you may want to hold that thought. Pulling you hair and tightening its grip will cause more breakage, especially in the case of fragile hair. Instead, consider letting it down or opting for loose pony tails that don't feel so heavy on the head.
4. Mask it!Caring for your hair is no easy task, while it is easy to stick to the basics, ensuring your hair stays fabulous may require more ingredients. Using an oil based hair mask at least once a week, will help your hair stay nourished and healthy!
5. Keep it silkyDitching your cotton pillowcases for satin ones does not cause friction unlike the regular cotton. This prevents your hair from splitting, breaking and tangling up as you toss back and forth through the night.
6. Supplement the hair growthTaking vitamin supplements for your hair will help maintain its lustrous appeal. Some vitamins also stimulates hair growth cells, whilst giving your hair sufficient nutrients.
Share your vote!