With the wedding season dawning upon us, it serves well to have a handy list of the best spots in the country to sift through bridal wear, be it a simple gown that suits your personality or a dress of exquisite details to rival a fairy tale princess!
01. Wedding DreamsLocated at Baudhaloka Mw, Colombo 04, this is a well-known showroom for bridal frocks, accessories and bridesmaid attires. They have a range of designs to choose from.
For more information: http://www.weddingdreams.lk/
02. Calla BridalsSpecialising in Couture Bridal wear, Calla Bridal offers luxury bridal gowns and evening wear from USA and Europe. Their boutique is located at Katunayake, Negombo.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/CallaBridal/
03. Designer wearWhen the big day calls for designer wear, then there are a select few choices that never fail to stun you with their designing capabilities. Some of the beloved bridal designers in Sri Lanka are:
Michael Wijesuriya, designer and fashion consultant.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/MichaelWijesuriya/ Geebees by Aslam
Hussein, a bridal wear showroom that caters to both western bridals and ethnic wear enthusiasts, located at 361, R. A. De Mel Mw, Colombo 03.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/aslamhusseinSL/
04. iBride by INDIBridal collection by designer Indeevari Yapa Abeywardena who has built a reputation over the years providing “Grandeur Bridals”.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/bride.srilanka.indi.ibride/
05. Fabric GalleryIf you are one of those daring brides who are determined to piece together your favourite dress on your own, then there are places just for you. Purchase fabrics and embellishments from Fabric Gallery, a five story store at Davidson Road, Colombo 04 and get a skilled seamstress to weave together a magical bridal dress with their stunning fabric collection. You can also find readymade bridals and accessories.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/FabricGallerySriLanka/